Happy Halloween Dolls!
Halloween is the day everyone gets to dress up and be their alter ego. Some people like to go all out and wear scary or sexy costumes, while others like to keep it simple and opt for a simple outfit. For the festivities for tonight and this weekend I will be sharing some tricks and treats to keep your Halloween effective and easy for people who want to dress up and others who want to keep it simple!
To start off lets talk about some treats. As said before some people decide to get dressed up in costumes and go all out. While others might want to keep it a little more simple. To embrace the Halloween spirit there are a couple of ways to feel festive without all of the heavy makeup and skimpy costumes. I decided to put two looks together to cater to two different events while staying holiday appropriate while staying simple.
The first look, “Bloody Chic“, is the perfect outfit for a dinner and then a night on the town. Since you don’t want to get all dressed up, this is a great time to try out a look you normally wouldn’t. This is definitely an outfit I love, however it’s out of my comfort zone. I decided to make the statement piece this feather jacket. On this spooky night this jacket will be super warm, while also giving character to this outfit. The jacket is perfect because it’s something out of the ordinary for this fun holiday. I decided to pair this look with a black leather skirt and platform ankle boots. To amp this Halloween look up, I accessorized with a cat detailed hat, red and black gems, and red lips. All of these accessories completes this bloody and chic look. Here’s where you can get all of the items in this look:
The second look, “Crisp Bunny“, is the perfect outfit if you’re looking for something that’s simple and class/work appropriate without being over the top. I have been in love with lace bunny ears ever since Rihanna sported them with Chanel. I thought it was the perfect piece to base this simple Halloween look. To go with the bunny theme, I decided to start this outfit off with a cozy fuzzy sweater, some lightly distressed boyfriend jeans, and some black leather ankle boots. To give this look some Halloween accents I accessorized with orange nail polish and lipstick, as well as some black gems. Even though this look is super simple, the lace bunny ears and orange and black accessories ties in this holiday in an effortless way. Below I will list where you can snag these items:
After putting on your costume or your everyday look, it’s important to complete it with the perfect makeup. To cap off this post I will share 5 tricks to make sure your makeup lasts all night, whether you’re wearing a full face or an everyday look.
- If you’re sporting a bight or dark lipstick it’s hard to make sure it won’t smudge all over your face during the night. To make sure your color choice stays on your lips, prep your lips with some concealer. Then outline your lips with a lipliner. This will make sure your lipstick won’t bleed off of your lips.
- If you’re wearing heavy makeup you want to keep your foundation matte the whole night. It will suck when you take pictures and it flash shows how oily your t zone is. To prevent that from happening, after your apply your foundation use a fluffy brush to apply some translucent loose power. This will keep your t zone matte and oily free.
- When applying heavy face makeup you want to keep your eyebrows from showing through. To make sure your eyebrows stay in place or hidden, simply use Elmer’s glue stick. This slicks down those eyebrow hairs and keep them in place. It also makes it easier to cover those eyebrows when applying heavy foundation or face paint. Bonus: Using Elmer’s glue also helps create wrinkles.
- For this year, if you’re planning to be a zombie, vampire, or anything that includes wounds or open cuts there’s an easy way to make those appear real. First draw your cut or bite marks with black pencil eyeliner. Then go over the marks with a deep red eyeshadow, make sure you smudge out the marks to make it appear as a fresh cut. This deep color will give the look of a fresh cut, now just add blood!
- To add extra drama to any look, casual or extreme there are a variety of lashes you can choose from! You can stay safe with a pair of demi wispys or you can visit Sephora or MAC and look at their over the top options.
I hope you have enjoyed these Halloween tricks and treats. To all of my readers, be creative, be safe, have fun, and have a happy Halloween!
Best, Jair xx