Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday!
The holiday season is approaching quickly. In comes the cold weather, snow, Christmas songs, and peppermint flavored treats there are many things to think about during this time. Our first holiday, Thanksgiving, is right around the corner and many people are scrambling for outfit inspiration for family gatherings or holiday parties. .
For Trendy Tuesday, I thought it would be a great to share four looks embracing the gem tone trend. As said before since the holiday parties are coming up fast, I thought four looks, two affordable and two expensive. I will also have two looks for a warmer climate and two looks for a colder setting. Gem tones are my favorite for this season. These tones are rich and has a since of warmth. These tones also look amazing when are used within a velvet or satin fabric. It ultimately gives a polished look and a look that is holiday appropriate.
The first look can be worn in a warm or colder climate and is super affordable! Onyx and rubies inspired the color scheme for this look. Red and black are also colors that are commonly used during the holiday season. Black is always forgiving and red contributes to the holiday spirit. The statement piece of this outfit is the ruby bodycon dress. To wear this dress in a cooler climate, I would just suggest pairing with a pair of tights (nude or sheer black). Since this piece is simple you can play up the rest of your look with different textures. To complete the look I paired this dress with a fitted black coat, leopard pumps, a beaded clutch, and black crystal chandelier earrings.
- V Neck Cap Sleeve Bodycon Dress, $30, from boohoo.com
- Bodycon Long Coat, $28, from amazon.com
- Cult Ella Pump Leopard, $68, from nastygal.com
- Unoiven Earrings, $10, from aldoshoes.com
- Black Beaded Sparkly Box Clutch, $32, newlook.com
The second look is also very flexible when it comes to climate. Rubies and amber tones inspired this look’s color scheme. As said before red/bordeaux is a popular color during the holiday months. I loved the pairing of bordeaux and amber because both of these color have warm tones. They also bring color into your complexion during the colder months. This look in particular has multiple affordable statement pieces. The piece that structured this look was the embellished crop top. I thought this piece was perfect because of the amber tones within the beading in the top. It was a tasteful and holiday appropriate piece. Since it was a crop top, I chose to pick garments to tone the rest of the look down. I paired the top with a burgundy blazer, black trousers, burgundy velvet loafers, a leopard faux fur clutch, and amber and gold jewelry.
- Burgandy Long Sleeve Jacket, $48, from missselfridge.com
- Beige Embellished Racer Front Crop Top, $24, from topshop.com
- Black Petite Tapered Trousers, $42, from wallisfashion.com
- Leopard Box Clutch, $40, from dailylook.com
- Filigree Stone Earrings, $14, from asos.com
- House of Harlow 1960 Gold Three Stack Ring, $50, shopthetrendboutique.com
- Chevorn Ring, $3.80, from forever21.com
- Geo Ring Set, $4.80, from forever21.com
- Splendid Cannes Smoking Shoes, $78, from shopbop.com
- MAC Lipstick, $15, from nordstrom.com
- NYX Love in Paris Eyeshadow Palette, $9.99, from target.com
The third look is perfect for chilly weather and if you have a larger budget (don’t forget, these looks can be recreated with affordable pieces). Just like the first look, onyx and rubies inspired this look. If you live on the east coast it gets pretty cold during the holiday months. Keeping this in mind, I wanted to start this look off with a heavy yet chic over coat. This coat is unique, however it does the job by keeping you nice and warm. I pared the coat with a pair of black pleated trousers and a cool textured burgundy t-shirt styled top. This shirt is also embellished with gems around the neckline, which gives it a polished look. To finish off the look I pared this look with simple diamond studs, a crystal cocktail ring, burgundy feather clutch, and leopard loafers.
- Black Waterfall Coat, $97, from riverisland.com
- Ponte Embellished Tee, $195, from rebeccataylor.com
- Diane Von Furstenberg Alpine Trouser, $97, from matchesfashion.com
- RAS Moccasins, $215, from yoox.com
- Marabou Feather Bag, $81, from topshop.com
- Bronze Ring w/ Swarovski Crystal Teardrop, $84, from artisandesigngallery.com
- Carat 1.5 Eternal Stud Earrings, $230, from harrods.com
- Aerin Lipstick: Winter Color Collection, $30, from bloomingdales.com
- Penelope Cruz Makeup by Charlotte Tubury, from beautyeditor.ca
The final look is great for if you live in a warmer climate, yet still want to embrace the holiday look. For this look I though sapphire and ruby tones would go great together. Keeping the holiday inspiration I decided to stick to fabrics such as velvet and accents such as beading or embellishments and knitted mesh. The statement piece is a beautiful wide knitted navy knee length skirt. The length of the skirt is playful yet modest, which allows you to play with the other pieces of this look. I completed this look with a black beaded crop top, black suede pumps, a burgundy alligator clutch, and ruby gems.
- Petite Fluffy Crop Tee, $56, from topshop.com
- Jacobbirge Skirt No 2, $564, notjustalabel.com
- Givenchy Judy Suede Pump, $730, harrods.com
- Chanel 5 Colours Exclusive Palette, $80, from nordstroms.com
- 10k White Fold Garnet Studs, $359, from macys.com
- Helene Handbags Alligator Zip Clutch, $3,150, from marissacollections.com
- Rare 11.33ct Red Burma Spinel Diamond Ring, from 1stdibs.com
- Chanel Chance, $155, from harrdos.com
I really hope these looks have given you inspiration for your holiday outfit. I’d love to see the recreations you come up with so to show me your looks, go on Instagram (follow me: @_Jairx3) and hashtag #fashionroyaltyblog! Remember, I can only see photos from public pages! I hope everyone has a great week and happy holidays.
Best, Jair xx