Hello everyone! Thank you for tuning in for Trendy Tuesday!
One trend that’s hot this fall and winter are bright and vibrant colors. Another hot trend embraces the gloomy and cool weather during the winter. Using combinations of the color grey in your wardrobe can set you apart from the bunch. Instead of pairing black with white, you can use grey as one of your staple colors. Grey is the perfect color for this winter because of its versatility. You can go for a light grey, which will look more polished and dressy. Or you could opt for a darker grey, which could be a little more causal and cozy.
The first look utilizes a neutral grey color. This look is perfect for the east coast. I am in love with this outfit because it looks so expensive, yet it is extremely affordable! I also love this outfit because it’s versatile. It is extremely comfy, yet extremely put together. The statement piece of this look is the turtleneck sweater dress. This is a piece that should be apart of everyone’s fall/winter wardrobe. To complete this look I paired it with a black sweater coat, black Chelsea boots, and a black clutch. Since it gets pretty cold on the east coast you could layer up and pair this look with a pair of opaque tights. I thought it was necessary to pair the turtleneck sweater dress with all black accessories. The completed outfit was sophisticated and cozy, which is perfect for the holiday season.
- Women Heavy Gauge Sweater Coat, $40, from uniqlo.com
- Women Alpaca Blend Dress, $30, from uniqlo.com
- Chelsea Boots, $40, from hm.com
- L. Credi Clutch, $40, from zalando.co.uk
The second look is extremely causal and I love it. As a student it is always important to be super comfortable while looking put together. The sweat pant’s caught my eye and was the foundation of this look. Usually sweatpants tend to look boring. I thought these were so cool because of the black details around the waist, knees, and ankles. I thought the black and silver zippers gave the classic sweat pant an edgy look. This look can either go for the west or east coast. If in a colder climate I would suggest layering up and pairing with a warm overcoat. I paired the sweat pant with a black blouse, white platform Converse, a grey backpack and a grey scarf. This look embraced the grey tend, but wasn’t overwhelming because of the different grey tones.
- Women Stand Collar Long Sleeve Blouse, $30, from uniqlo.com
- Sweatpants, $40, from hm.com
- Converse All Star Platform Sneaker, $65, from nastygal.com
- 9 On The Go Backpack, $40, from ninewest.com
The forth look was something different and out of my comfort zone for the winter. Usually in the winter I don’t embrace lighter colors. I thought to step out of my comfort zone I would pair grey with some lighter colors. I fell completely in love with these light grey trousers. They were such a beautiful color and I had to base an outfit around them. I decided to pair the trousers with a white light weight long sleeve blouse, light pink Chelsea boots, a light pink bomber jacket, and a grey croc tote. As said before this look was completely out of my comfort zone. However, I loved using different tones of grey and pink to make this look complete.
- Acne Olympia Wool-Blend Bomber Jacket, $500, from net-a-porter.com
- Tara Jarmon Blouse, $295, from placedestendances.com
- Willow Jersey Trousers, $250, from whistles.co.uk
- Acne Studios Star Ankle Boots, $520, from openingceremony.us
- Givenchy Grey Croco Bag HDG, $2,285, from veryeickhoff.com
- Karen Walker Orbit Sunglasses, $329, from shopbop.com
The final look is very causal. This was actually one of my favorites out of the four looks. As said previously, if you’re in a cooler climate you can simply sport an overcoat with this look. The statement piece of this look was the ankle boots. These ankle boots are absolutely perfect and unique. These boots had two tones of grey, which complimented each other perfectly. I paired the boots with a grey and black sweatshirt, black trousers, sunglasses, and a dark grey tote.
- Proenza Schouler Knitted Sweater, $600, from ekseption.es
- Lanvin High Waisted Tailored Trouser, $553, from farfetch.com
- Senso Women’s Bryony Waxed Leather Boots, $320, from coogles.com
- Milli Millu Grey Calf Leather ‘Bilbao’ Handbag, $770, from profliefashion.com
- The Row 63 Sunglasses, $423, from mytheresa
I hope this post has inspired you to embrace grey during the winter months. To show me your grey looks follow me on Instagram (@_Jairx3) and hashtag #fashionroyaltyblog, I would love to see your recreations and original looks! If I don’t get to post before Thanksgiving, I just wanted to wish all of my readers a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
- The Colour of Fall: Grey (yourstyleforecast.com)